10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- Provide dinner for our San Leandro or Midway Shelter residents. (Contact Lorie at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Organize a drive for wish list items with your company, faith group, community organization or neighborhood. (Contact Kaeleigh at email@example.com)
- Host a house party for your friends or co-workers to learn about Building Futures and our services. (Contact Patricia at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Send a monetary gift by mail, online or through your workplace payroll deduction.
- Join our Circle of Strength as a monthly donor. (Join online or contact Patricia at email@example.com)
- Make a donation in honor of a special person for a birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, or in memoriam. We’ll send the recipient an attractive acknowledgement, informing them of your generosity (without specifying the amount -- unless you want us to!)
- Include Building Futures in your estate planning. Help long term, in our mission to end homelessness and domestic violence in our clients’ lives. Leave a legacy and make a significant impact on their futures and the future of our community.
> Designating a bequest to Building Futures is a powerful statement of your belief that your neighbors in need deserve safety and stability. Suggested language is as follows: I give and bequeath to Cornerstone Community Development Corporation, dba Building Futures with Women and Children, of 1395 Bancroft Avenue, San Leandro, CA 94577, the sum of $________ (or a specific item of property such as real estate or stocks) to be used as its Board of Directors determines. Our nonprofit tax identification number is 94-3100741.
> You can also name us as a full or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan, 401(k), 403(b), annuities, or life insurance.
> Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, and Retained Life Estates are other ways you can help, and realize a tax benefit at the same time.
It is important that you consult an estate planning professional to maximize the tax benefits available to you. On behalf of those we serve and will serve in the future, thank you for your support.
- Sponsor one of our special events. It’s a great way to demonstrate your compassion and caring to our community. Sponsors gain visibility in our social media, website, press releases, and at the event! (Contact Lorie at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Volunteer in our office or for on-call shelter projects.
- “Like” us on Facebook (building.futures.san.leandro) and follow us on Twitter (buildingfuture5). Okay, that’s two easy, fun things.
For more information on how you can help: